- REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be received between March 1st, 2018 and May 31st, 2018
- Applicants must currently be a DGA Member.
- Applicants must be 21 or older
- Two (2) copies of at least 3 samples of completed narrative content directed in the last 3 years
- Credit list and/or resume
- Accepted participants will be notified in September, 2018.
- The Program will run the length of an entire 2018-2019 season.
The Directing Initiative will select directing candidates for episodic network television and match them with directors of CBS Television Network drama and comedy series. The goal is to bridge the gap for those talented directors attempting to break into network television and create meaningful connections with producers and executives. The restructured program is looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate a visual perspective in telling a story.
- Are able to execute the best possible performances while capturing the artistic thematic nature of a show.
- Are able to maximize every potential opportunity in enhancing the viewing experience.
Individual showrunners will mentor participants during the various stages of production. This informal observation process will afford emerging directors invaluable first hand exposure to the CBS Television network episodic directing process. In addition to getting a chance to observe the in-depth technical aspects of the process, this observation experience allows participants to begin to form relationships with showrunners, producers, network executives and other significant decision makers. The Directing Initiative is not employment. It is instead, a program of personal exposure to the process of television directing and career development. The goal of the Directing Initiative is to prepare directors for potential employment opportunities in television. The primary focus of CBS’ Diversity Institute and the Directing Initiative is to provide access and opportunities for talented and motivated diverse directors with a focus on directors of color.
Applicants must currently be a DGA Member. You must be 21 or older to be eligible.